HOW TO PREVENT FLEAS THIS FALL
The best way to avoid having to treat a flea infestation is to prevent it from happening in the first place. There are several things you can do to prevent fleas on your pets and in your home.
- Keep your pets treated with an on-body flea preventative such as a flea collar or medication. Your vet will know which product is best for your particular pet.
- Clear all brush piles, leaves, and debris from around your home where your pets might like to roll around or rest. These types of debris and leaf piles can attract all sorts of pests including fleas.
Get a Fast, Free Estimate
- Vacuum and dust frequently which helps get rid of any fleas or eggs that might have been brought into your home.
- Bathe your pet often to potentially remove any fleas and eggs and brush them daily, preferably outside.
- Seal up all cracks and crevices where rodents might get in as rodents can carry fleas into your home.
If it’s too late and your home has already become infested with fleas, there are some things you can do at home to try to control the fleas.
- Remove all lose articles from your floors and carpets and thoroughly clean and vacuum, remembering to vacuum couches and other furniture too.
- Wash all throw pillows, pet beds and all home beds and bedding in hot water.
- At the same time, treat all pets with a flea removal remedy as recommended by your veterinarian.
Most likely you will need the help of a pest removal professional like Viking Pest. We will thoroughly eradicate fleas in your home and treat areas around your home to prevent future flea infestations. Viking Pest has pest control plans to protect your home from a variety of common pests, including the rodents that could bring fleas into your home. Contact us at the first sign of a pest problem so we can take care of it immediately, or better yet, call us BEFORE you have a problem, so we can prevent it from happening!