No home or business owner wants to have pests like insects and rodents creating problems in and around their home or business, but the fact of the matter is that, unfortunately, pest problems are almost unavoidable; this is due to the fact that pests are attracted to the sources of food, water, and shelter that homes and businesses provide and will take any chance they get inside. However, not is all lost when it comes to pest problems! One of the best ways that you can control and prevent problems with pests in your home or business is to put a professional pest control program into place; professionals have the experience, means, and technology needed to solve the toughest of pest problems by providing customizable and eco-friendly services. But, how do you know which company and pest control service is right for your home or business? Well, you’re in luck! because we are here to answer that exact question: how to pick a pest control company and services!
Get a Fast, Free Estimate
5 Tips For Selecting the Right Pest Control Company and Services
- Do your research: a quick internet search is a good way to get a general feel for various pest control companies, including their beliefs and their pest control methods. It is also a good way to research customer feedback and reviews including how the company handles any negative feedback; let’s face it, no company or person is perfect, but how a company handles a problem can speak volumes!
- Determine how long a pest control company has been in business: a pest control company’s longevity in the pest control industry says a lot of about their principles, commitment to their customers, and commitment to the industry.
- Make sure that the pest control company that you are choosing has at least one certified, licensed pesticide applicator or a licensed technician one site — this is a requirement for all pest control companies.
- Make sure that the pest control company that you are choosing makes themselves as transparent as possible and is willing to provide you with a copy of their pest control license, copies of pest control labels, rates for which any pesticides that are going to be used will be applied, or any other basic information that you ask for.
- Pick a pest control company that takes into consideration environmental needs and utilizes preventative and exclusion measures through Integrated Pest Management, in addition to the use of pesticides. Also, their use of pesticides should only be used as needed, in the most minimal amount possible, and should be applied in a targeted manner.
Some red flags to look out for when trying to select a responsible, trustworthy pest control company include companies that don’t have a listed or working telephone number, companies that are trying to sell their services door to door, and companies that claim to be endorsed by the States Departments of Agriculture, the U.S. EPA, or other government agency — government agencies never endorse pest control companies! It is also important to be wary of companies that claim to have discovered a “secret formula” to solve all your pest problems, companies that charge by the pesticide gallon, or companies that pressure you to sign a contract immediately during an inspection.
The Best Pest Control Company in New Jersey
Looking for a company to take care of your New Jersey business’s or home’s pest control needs shouldn’t be difficult; in fact, with a little time and research, discovering the right company for you and your property should be a piece of cake! At Viking Pest Control, we provide professional inspections, provide a variety of pest control services including year-round pest control options, and offer responsive, customer-focused pest control services that you can depend on. To learn more about our company and why choosing us to meet your New Jersey properties pest control needs may be the right choice for you, get in touch with us today!
New Jersey residents can reach out to Viking Pest Control for a free inspection by going here. We’ll help you figure out what’s “bugging” you. Our pest control professionals are ready to answer all of your pest and ant control needs, just give us a call at 800-618-2847 today!