EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BED BUGS
There are a ton of articles on the internet about these bugs–and for good reason. Bed bug infestations are a nightmare. So, we’ve put together this quick list of everything you need to know to protect your family from these tormenting bugs.
- Bed bug bite. These are insects that feed on blood. When they get into a home or business they will live as close to food sources as possible. This will most often be beds, upholstered furniture, and alarm clocks.
- Bites from bed bugs can cause welts that can be painful.
- Bed bugs hitchhike. These pests live almost exclusively with humans. The only way you’re going to get an infestation in your home is if someone brings them in.
- Bed bugs can be anywhere. These bugs are popping up in all sorts of strange places such as police lock-ups, call centers, libraries, and movie theaters.
Get a Fast, Free Estimate
- Bed bugs can live in the cleanest places. You may have the understanding that bed bugs only infest dirty homes and rundown motels, but this isn’t true. They can be in 5-star accommodations. The reason they probably got this reputation is because they can thrive better in a cluttered environment that is not well maintained. But you should never assume that any place you are staying is bed-bug free.
- When you stay the night anywhere, you can get bed bugs. We all know that bed bugs can be in hotels and motels, but few of us think to check for them when we stay at the home of a friend or relative. Always check for bed bugs. Always.
- Bed bugs don’t just feed at night. While these bugs definitely prefer to come out at night, and when CO2 levels in a room rise, this is not always the case. That is why it is important to know what a bed bug looks like. If you see a bed bug crawling around, it may be the warning sign you need to take protective measures.
- You can get bed bugs on the way to staying the night somewhere. If you’re taking a bus, plane, taxi, or some other form of public transport, you can pick bed bugs up. Infestations have been found in all of these places.
- You can get bed bugs from work. We don’t generally think about watching for bed bugs at work, but we should. If you have a co-worker who is fighting a bed bug infestation, their problem could become your problem.
- You can get bed bugs from your kids. When your young kids have a sleep-over, or when your college-age kids come back for the holidays, they could bring bed bugs home with them.
- You can get bed bugs in the mail. If you buy clothing online, you should check for bed bugs or bed bug eggs on those items when they arrive by box.
- Bed bugs are extremely hard to get rid of without an education in entomology, and modern pest control.
The most import thing you should know is, if you get bed bugs in your home, you can trust Viking Pest for fast relief. Reach out to us today to learn more about our bed bug services.