DIY PEST CONTROL FOR HOMEOWNERS
When it comes to pest problems, there is no question. They must be eliminated and the measures used to accomplish the task, safe. Some pest infestations such as termites or rodents may prove to be a threat to health and home if left untreated. In cases where your personal safety or that of your family or home is threatened, it is a wise move to contact your NJ, PA, MD and DE pest control professionals at Viking Pest Control.
What Are the Risks Associated With a Pest Infestation?
Although they may seem harmless, risks associated with insects and rodents include:
- Threat of illness due to contamination
- Allergic reactions from bites or stings
- Costly structural damage to the home
- Damages to your belongings
- Risk of electrical fire
When it comes to some minor pest threats, there are some do-it-yourself (DIY) methods that residents in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and the Eastern Shore of Maryland may consider trying in order to get rid of pests in and around their homes.
Get a Fast, Free Estimate
How Can I Get Rid of Pests?
Prevention is the best way to avoid pests all together which makes for easy DIY pest control. By correcting the conditions around the the home that attract them in the first place, you are far more likely to avoid pest problems as well as the headaches and stress that come with them.
To help battle, or prevent the bugs, here are some of the top pest proofing tips recommended by the pest prevention experts at Viking Pest Control for NJ, PA, MD, and DE homeowners:
- Keep windows and door closed unless they are secured with a screen
- Clean up spills and crumbs right away in the kitchen and dining room
- Store open food in containers with tight fitting lids
- Seal off any cracks, holes, or crevices on the exterior of your home
- Remove clutter from storage spaces and keep belongings stored in large totes with lids
- Take the trash out regularly and keep it stored in a container with a tight fitting lid
Keep in mind that preventative measures alone are not always enough to keep the pests out and may come too late in the game. If you are already experiencing pest activity in your home the pest extermination experts at Viking Pest Control are here to help.
Offering professional pest control services in throughout New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and the Eastern Shore of Maryland, Viking Pest Control is ready to eliminate household pests. Learn more about our year-round Home Protection Plans and how we can keep your home protected from pests!