As the days become shorter and the nights become cooler, pest activity begins to slow in the north
eastern US or so one may think. With the holiday season here, winter-time pest control may be the last
thing on your mind, but don’t be fooled, not all the pests have gone away for the cold winter months.
Pests such as spiders, ants, cockroaches, termites, bed bugs, fleas, and mice may slow down, but they
don’t go away. In fact, they continue feeding, growing and multiplying, often in the warmth and comfort
of our homes.
As a result, cutting your pest control service during the winter season, might not be a cost-saving
measure as you thought.
Why You Should Continue Your Pest Control Service Through the Winter
- Pests living inside the walls of your home are not affected by the cold temperatures outdoors.
- Termites, carpenter ants, cockroaches, earwigs, and many other insects can thrive indoors as the
weather is always pleasant inside!
- Attics provide shelter to other insects such as wasps and spiders, as they try to escape the cold.
- Mice can find their way into your home if all entry points are not sealed off.
- When a pest management professional performs a meticulous inspection of your home, inside and
out, s/he ensures that no pest related issues are present and identifies any conditions that might
increase the risk of future pest problems.
- Inspecting and/or treating entry points like doors, windows, and peepholes provide lasting protection
and ready your home for the emergence of pests in spring.
- When a pest management professional removes spider webs, egg cases, wasp nests, and dirt dauber
nests, s/he prevents pests from reemerging when the weather warms.
Remember, invasive pests want to be indoors during the winter for the same reasons you do! It is important to perform a comprehensive winter pest control treatment to ensure that your home is
Why Choose Viking for Pest Prevention?
Viking Pest has been providing pest control for families and businesses since 1980. Viking is a full-service
pest control company offering control and prevention for ants, spiders, termites, and bed bugs to name
With locations servicing NJ, PA, MD, and DE, Viking is the local business that you love, with the coverage
that you need. Viking offers all clients a FREE and NO OBLIGATION estimate given by a Pest
Management Professional. Call us today or request a FREE inspection online.
With Viking, One Call Gets Them All! Contact us today!